Just a few days to go, and we’re looking forward to hosting you for a fantastic series of events at the 2014 Canadian & Western Canadian Orienteering Championships.
There will NOT be an event booklet in your registration package. Instead we have created a PDF that you can download and print for yourself, or you can access it from a mobile device. The booklet contains exactly the same information as is on the COC2014 website.
COC + WCOC 2014 Event Booklet.pdf
It's quite a big documents (46 pages) but that's because we have so many great things to tell you about! You may choose to only print sections that apply to you:
- Overview - starts page 1
- COC information - starts page 2
- WCOC information - starts page 29
- General information - starts page 40
Note that Sass Prepee information is not included in the Event Booklet, so please get details from the website, if needed.
Also note, this Event Booklet serves as WRE Bulletin #3 and contains all the IOF-required details.
Please check the "News" section on the COC2014 website as it will be updated with any important last minute details
As also noted in the Event Booklet
- Whistles are MANDATORY on all courses. You will not be allowed to start without one. Please ensure you bring or buy one ahead of time
- Waiver must be signed by every person at registration before you can pick up your package with your bib and other items. We will have a copy for everyone, so please don’t print ahead of time unless you will be picking up a package on behalf of someone else (in which case you can download a copy here). Parents/guardians must sign for anyone under 18 years of age.
- There is a shuttle bus from Whistler Village to the Middle event on Saturday. Please be ready to load at the designated point (see below) 90 minutes before your start time. Please don’t arrive much earlier or later as waiting space is limited.
- Lift tickets are needed for the COC Long event and for the COC HPP fundraiser. They’re good for rides on all lifts for that day, so make good use of them after the event!
- The Orienteering Canada conference will be happening in Whsitler – details on the website.
Finally, a huge Thank You to all the wonderfully dedicated, hard-working and patient volunteers, without whom it would not be possible to put these events on (and a special Thanks to Adrian Zissos from me, for all his incredible support). When you see a Volunteer (identifiable by the stylish COC2014 caps they'll be wearing), please say thanks - it really makes a difference.
Safe travels and good running,
Jeremy Gordon, COC 2014 Event Director (with Jackie Bonn, WCOC Event Director)