And some other updates:
- we would like to encourage car pooling up to the Sabiston map for the Middle and Long, on Saturday and Sunday
- a bear was seen on the map today, but it was a scaredy bear and ran off. He was not close to the beginner courses. The vettors will be making lots of noise and encouraging him to leave to the north.
- it's amazing what a difference a week of hot, dry weather makes. The vegetation has really dried and crisped up. Be very fire aware! There is a safety escape plan in place should it be required
- the ground is very dry and hard so please treat our stands gently so they keep standing! In some places we have used cairns to support them.
- the model is open. There will be a sample SI and stand in place by Friday l.
- please respect the embargo and don't go past the model area.
- there are tons of other orange ribbons in the trees - be aware and ignore!
- Jury members: please remember to report to the Finish tent when you arrive and before you leave.
- M/W 80, M85+ - please meet Marion in the arena at 9:15am on Sunday for the separate start for the Long.
Have a wonderful race at the Sprint tomorrow, and see you on Saturday!